What better occasion than Super Bowl Sunday to introduce lobster appetizers recipes? Whether hosting or attending a Super Bowl party or a small game day gathering, lobster appetizers will surely impress your family and friends.
To ensure the best lobster for your appetizers, buy fresh lobster. You can order live or fresh-picked lobster meat online today and have it delivered directly to your door. We also offer curbside pick-up at our South Portland location if you live locally – call for details and to place your order over the phone!
Here are 5 lobster appetizers recipes to consider for the big game:
1. Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 mushrooms (large white stuffing mushrooms)
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
- 1 cup cooked lobster meat chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. Place mushroom caps into the prepared baking pan. Dice the stems.
- On medium heat, melt 1/4 cup of butter in a small saucepan. Stir in garlic, shallots, and diced stems and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Remove from heat and combine with breadcrumbs, herbs, lobster, and Romano cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes and serve.
2. Lobster Deviled Eggs
- 1 cup cooked lobster chopped
- 12 hard-boiled extra-large eggs, peeled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Chopped fresh chives
- Lengthwise, cut peeled eggs in half. Spoon yolks out and place in a medium bowl; place whites on a serving platter. With a fork, mash yolks until crumbly. Add mayonnaise and all ingredients but paprika and chives; use a mixer or whip and beat until smooth. Stir in the chopped lobster until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon filling into whites. Sprinkle tops with smoked paprika and fresh chives. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Mini Lobster Rolls
- 1 pound cooked lobster, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
For the buns:
- 24 small soft mini rolls or mini hot dog buns
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soft butter
- To make filling, stir and mix the lobster meat, lemon juice, salt, pepper, celery, and mayonnaise together in a bowl. Add more salt, pepper, or lemon juice to your liking.
- Butter rolls and either bake or toast on a baking sheet or frying pan until brown. Remove and fill each roll with 1 rounded tablespoon of lobster filling and serve.
4. Flaky Crescent Roll Lobster Bites
- 1 8 oz package of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 8 ounces of cooked lobster meat, chopped or diced
- 4 tablespoons golden sherry
- 1 pinch paprika
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the crescent roll dough from the package and unroll. Cut 24 4-inch round discs from the dough (use a cookie cutter).
- Using a mini muffin pan, press a crescent roll disc into the bottom and up around the sides of each hole.
- Baste the dough with half of the butter.
- Place 1 spoonful of lobster in each hole. Baste with sherry and remaining butter. Sprinkle tops with paprika.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
5. Warm Cheesy Lobster Dip with Greens
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked lobster meat
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp each mustard powder and ground cayenne pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper)
- 1 cup finely shredded kale
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup jarred diced roasted red peppers (water-packed)
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- Mix cheeses and flour in a medium bowl.
- On medium, heat olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, black pepper, mustard, and cayenne, stir and bring to a simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add in cheese and flour mixture and stir until melted.
- Fold in the lobster, red pepper, kale, and spinach.
- Pour mixture into a heat-proof serving bowl and sprinkle onions.
- Serve with pita chips, tortillas, or raw veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, or cucumber sticks.
For the highest quality fresh lobster from Maine, look no further than Klenda Seafood – we deliver lobster directly to your door! Learn more about shipping methods and best practices, or contact us— we would be happy to answer any of your questions.